Angis Mustangs

Angi Keitel Murray participated in the original 2007 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Freedom,
2008 Western States Mustang Challenge with Prosperity,
2009 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Azania.
2011 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Ima LunaMiss,
and the 2012 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Sonador

Angi trains the many beautiful rescued mustangs at Lifesavers Wild Horse Rescue in Lancaster, CA.
and Mustangs as well as other breeds for private clients in Palmdale, CA

Friday, June 26, 2009

Day thirteen

Yesterday was a day of frustration, really getting home late and being way too sore to work Azania. He got a day off and I let my body rest since I am still recovering from a car crash. Today I am sore but dying to play with Azania. I drink a cup of coffee and get him out. He is still a little unsure about the little gate I make him squish him through. We get to the roundpen and I turn him loose to play. Our roundpen skills are improving and his play drive is still high (coming charging at me once with some snotty attitude which earned him a swat on the hiney with the carrot stick). He has less upward movement and we work on the long lines for a split second (with the saddle on) and he quickly gets it. He resists a little but not much. I tie my lead into reins and on his back I go. It is dusk and we work until dark. At one point into the first part of the ride he steps on a barrel (really don't know why, guess it's a three year old thing to do) and he spooks sideways and I am uncertain if this will end well. He gets his head back on and I am still on so I figure it all worked out. He really can move fast when he wants to :)
By the end of the night we have a walk, a trot, and a half way decent whoa. We have direction and I am pleased with my big boy so I love on him and put him up for the night.
Hey! Make sure you scroll down to see the awesome videos Kathy took!

No comments: