Angis Mustangs

Angi Keitel Murray participated in the original 2007 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Freedom,
2008 Western States Mustang Challenge with Prosperity,
2009 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Azania.
2011 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Ima LunaMiss,
and the 2012 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Sonador

Angi trains the many beautiful rescued mustangs at Lifesavers Wild Horse Rescue in Lancaster, CA.
and Mustangs as well as other breeds for private clients in Palmdale, CA

Monday, May 19, 2008

My new horse

I played with Prosperity yesterday in the arena and she was a totally different horse. Her confidence is finally starting to show up and we played a lot with the obstacles. I can just see this mare letting me ride her right before the competition and then knowing nothing about lead changes, etc. but still it would be a honor to get her to that point. Yet again, I find that it is easy to fall in love with these horses and to wish that you had room for another one (what could possibly be wrong with 60 horses :)---? ) but of course I have my hands full with the horses I have ( about 13 or so plus the other people's horses I have) and can not have another one to take care of. She is just so nice to be with and so willing and has a great attitude. Yesterday she was a lot more relaxed with the saddle going across her so I did not even cinch it. I really wanted to quit on a good note and I did not want her to always think about bucking. She is getting over the bucking with the rope now and I am so glad to see the sensible side of Prosperity! Onward we go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it a shame when you can't keep them all! I've stumbled across a half dozen I'd seriously consider taking home... but I don't have a home for them yet! It's enough to keep an eye on my one... heaven help me when I have the land to get more!

Good luck with Prosperity and I hope you find a beautiful owner for her!