Angis Mustangs

Angi Keitel Murray participated in the original 2007 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Freedom,
2008 Western States Mustang Challenge with Prosperity,
2009 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Azania.
2011 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Ima LunaMiss,
and the 2012 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Sonador

Angi trains the many beautiful rescued mustangs at Lifesavers Wild Horse Rescue in Lancaster, CA.
and Mustangs as well as other breeds for private clients in Palmdale, CA

Thursday, June 21, 2007

June 20th

Freedom is letting me put on the halter decently. I start to teach him to go right and left when I point and to disengage his hip when I ask for it. He does this all willingly and like he has understood this stuff his entire life. He is also leading very well in this square pen. On to the round pen to lead in a bigger space soon! I am able to run my hand down both front legs but if I ask him to lift it he cow kicks at my head. Jensen says wear a helmet, and I make a note to self that it is ALWAYS possible to get hurt even on horses that are relatively quiet. Freedom is still a wild animal and I am teaching him very hard things. He is progressing very quickly and with good attitude. I rub his face and give him a kiss. He is such a good boy.

2 comments:

JPWesquire said...

The difference between horses and people will be shown by how far I get with Lyric and how far Angi gets with Freedom - both started at the same time. Lyric is a two year old and Freedom is 4 year old. Angi is a trainer and I am NOT. Oh, I dream of touching Lyric's head and giving him a kiss. I will just have to be patient. And then, when the Challenge is over, send Lyric to Angi for training!!!!

Joan

Unknown said...

Hey, if everyone could train horses what would I do for a living? I think you are doing fantastic with Lyric! I also want you to realize that Lyric was more right brained then Free and takes alot more to get him confident.