Angis Mustangs

Angi Keitel Murray participated in the original 2007 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Freedom,
2008 Western States Mustang Challenge with Prosperity,
2009 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Azania.
2011 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Ima LunaMiss,
and the 2012 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Sonador

Angi trains the many beautiful rescued mustangs at Lifesavers Wild Horse Rescue in Lancaster, CA.
and Mustangs as well as other breeds for private clients in Palmdale, CA

Thursday, June 21, 2007

June 19th

The day is muggy and I put Free's halter on with no real problem. He has to move around a few times before he lets me but that doesn't surprise me. This time there is a rope attached to the halter and I start to teach him to lead. He is not bothered by the pressure of the rope but doesn't understand why I am pulling on his head. "Huh" Free says and then he moves his head up and down. When he takes a step I release all pressure and he starts to understand. One step at a time, Freedom learns to take a few steps following me. It is cute and I love his big, brown eyes. Freedom is a good boy. I use the pole to touch him everywhere and he kicks at it when it gets near his sheath. I make a mental note that he is really good at cow kicking sideways. I work on brushing him and rubbing down his front legs a little then stop for the day.

No comments: