Angis Mustangs

Angi Keitel Murray participated in the original 2007 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Freedom,
2008 Western States Mustang Challenge with Prosperity,
2009 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Azania.
2011 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Ima LunaMiss,
and the 2012 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Sonador

Angi trains the many beautiful rescued mustangs at Lifesavers Wild Horse Rescue in Lancaster, CA.
and Mustangs as well as other breeds for private clients in Palmdale, CA

Monday, June 25, 2007

June 24th

Freedom has had a few days off and as always I am trying to run between working horses to pay bills and working Free. He pretends to be spooky and I laugh at him as he tosses his head in play. He is a very left brained horse that is extremely thoughtful and playful. I put the halter on in a short time and start to bathe him on the end of the rope. He thinks that maybe he needs to be nervous but gets over it quickly. I hose his face off and he lifts his lips a little to let the water hit his teeth. One time he goes up in the air in protest and then quickly rethinks that idea and stands still. I brush him and let him dry but as soon as I take the halter off he again makes himself dirty by rolling. I rub the fly mask on him. he is a bit unsure. I put the halter on and am able to convince him that it really is not a big deal to wear a fly mask. He is a bit nervous of the velcro sound but stands still while I put it on him. I spray him with fly spray again and then quit.

3 comments:

Tracey said...

Those fly masks are pretty darned scary; a horse may get eaten by one if they're not careful. They start with the face, you know, and it would never do to have a horse without a face :)

Is this your first mustang? Mine hated her mask and tried to kill it. Dead. Stomped on it and left it in her stall to die.

Unknown said...

Not my first but definately different then most I have encountered. He is so left brained that it is crazy :) Fly masks are scary! I have seen them eat an entire horse once!

Kathy M said...

LOL My Mustang eats fly masks.. well she actually hooks them on the fence so she can rip them off her head, usually destroying them the first time I put them on her. So I gave up.

Now she does what any self respecting studmare would do, She sticks her face next to someone else's tail.