Angis Mustangs

Angi Keitel Murray participated in the original 2007 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Freedom,
2008 Western States Mustang Challenge with Prosperity,
2009 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Azania.
2011 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Ima LunaMiss,
and the 2012 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Sonador

Angi trains the many beautiful rescued mustangs at Lifesavers Wild Horse Rescue in Lancaster, CA.
and Mustangs as well as other breeds for private clients in Palmdale, CA

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Ari the mustang

So I am bad about posting to the blog right now but I am forcing myself to write tonight before I fall asleep. Ari is amazing. He is brilliant but he is not easy. He is not Azania. He is not Freedom. He is not real hard but he is not easy. He is left brain but a bit of a drama queen. I have had him just a week and a half . He is not bothered too much by the flag on him or over him but is not ready for the saddle pad yet. He in quite a spectacular bucker when I do rope work but so far no one has been around to get video. He managed to learn to lead a little, enough for me to get him from the round pen and into a stall so that I could work him in there also. He spent two days in there. I have been working so hard getting him to learn to tie so that I can haul him places and have him tie to the trailer on a tie blocker ring. Yesterday I gave him a bath but he is still not letting me brush his tail or his hind legs. Today I decided we really needed to get to work. We took a long walk around the five acres, walking over logs and by the dogs. He handled himself well. More time on the tie blocker while scary things happened like water spraying him down and then we worked on the trailer loading part of it. He is very unconfident about that. He wanted to split so I used a tie blocker for support. We ended with him standing by it and having his head inside the trailer. Don't you want to go see cows Ari? :)

No comments: