Angis Mustangs

Angi Keitel Murray participated in the original 2007 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Freedom,
2008 Western States Mustang Challenge with Prosperity,
2009 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Azania.
2011 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Ima LunaMiss,
and the 2012 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Sonador

Angi trains the many beautiful rescued mustangs at Lifesavers Wild Horse Rescue in Lancaster, CA.
and Mustangs as well as other breeds for private clients in Palmdale, CA

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Finding our song

My friend Lizz reminds me that I really need to have my song for my horse by now and I am not really sure what I want to use. I have picked out on song and several others to play with and see how the rythem works for Azania and I. It really ends up being between two songs that have relatively quick beats. I ride to each one several times then switch between them a couple more. I am in a playful mood and Azania thinks that his mom is crazy as I try to jump off him mid-trot (he slams on the brakes each time) and sit on his butt and ask him to move with me there. I finally have the song picked ( a great Toby Mac song) and we play to it several times. Ralph and Lizz both ride him, he is naughty with each one! With Ralph he is a slug and forgets to trot well. With Lizz he trys to smash her leg in the panel. He is BAD! but I do love him.......We end when we have both workeds into a lather. He has reared several times in irritation at me demanding a good back up and has become much more quick to lope when I ask for it. Oh Azania, we have a long way to go!
Angi

No comments: