Angis Mustangs

Angi Keitel Murray participated in the original 2007 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Freedom,
2008 Western States Mustang Challenge with Prosperity,
2009 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Azania.
2011 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Ima LunaMiss,
and the 2012 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Sonador

Angi trains the many beautiful rescued mustangs at Lifesavers Wild Horse Rescue in Lancaster, CA.
and Mustangs as well as other breeds for private clients in Palmdale, CA

Monday, July 27, 2009

Crazy Days and my fat mustang

I think that many days have passed in a blur. Between trying to get a car I can drive (because of my other car being crunched in a crash) and balancing between playing with Azania and understanding that even horses do get pissy in 110degree weather. He is definately progressing, but sometimes not in a way that is huge and earthshaking. He is getting used to trailering places and even unloading at night. He has been in a stall and in several herd situations. I want him to have horsie time also. I took him to Lifesavers to ride in the arena with toys and we had a blast! Azania went over the bridge and pushed the ball with me on him no problems. I put him in a bit and the first day he really spent the day chomping like he was chewing bubble gum :) I had other people picking his feet up and at first he would refuse to let them (ummmm, that is something only my mommy does!) and he would plant them into the dirt. No amount of Stephanie pulling, tugging, or squeezing could get him to lift his foot. The next day he let Chris and Mary Lou both pick it up. I was very proud of him. We spent alot of time in the roundpen before the riding because he is incredibly strong and really has to be assured that I am his leader each and every time. One day he was so irritated he jumped four feet in the air with all four feet and spun at the same time. He gets ticky when he can't just come relax in the center of the roundpen. We have been working a lot on circles and figure eights under saddle which he really has not gotten yet. We look a lot like egg shaped trots instead of circles. Never the less, despite his attitude and sometimes trying to run my leg into the panels just because he can, I sure think this horse is incredible and will make someone the most amazing friend and companion.

No comments: