Angis Mustangs

Angi Keitel Murray participated in the original 2007 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Freedom,
2008 Western States Mustang Challenge with Prosperity,
2009 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Azania.
2011 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Ima LunaMiss,
and the 2012 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Sonador

Angi trains the many beautiful rescued mustangs at Lifesavers Wild Horse Rescue in Lancaster, CA.
and Mustangs as well as other breeds for private clients in Palmdale, CA

Sunday, June 14, 2009

New Horses for Angi and Jenna

They come rolling into Lifesavers at around ten, three horses and two very tired woman bringing them. Jenna and I bouncing around and around. They unloaded like pros and down the alley and into the lighted arena. They looked at us and we looked at them, moving around the arena and checking out the new place of residence. My horse was HUGE, bay, and pushy. He was the perfect horse for me; I do love those dominant horses. Jenna has two reds, one little really scared one and one that looked like a draft only not tall enough. We left them to rest and drink, having seperated the scared one into his own pen where he was trying to climb over or smash through. Needless to say, Jenna was not thrilled to see how much fear that little one had just from us being outside the pen. Later on we went back and played with our big two and stayed with them until one or later, finally getting so exausted we had to go to sleep. Then in the morning fed them, hanging out with the two bigger ones in the arena. I am in love with my horse. He is awesome. Rumor has it that a certain Kathy Mahan may be planning on bidding at the adoption to take him home with her :)
He is awesome. He very quickly learned to face me, smell me then push the ball. I should have known that something that pushy would love to push that ball. He wanted snacks of alfalfa and for a good scratch reward he quickly learned lots of things in a short amount of time. He let me touch him all over, down his front legs and half way down the back ones. Then he thought I was crazy but I insisted that he wear the hoola-hoop on his back. That was so funny. After that he was not bothered by the saddle pad at all because it wasn't yellow and rattled when placed on him. He was always willing, food motivated and only a slight attitude. What a good boy. Pictures tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check out this link...

http://www.saddleblanketboutique.com

I think u will like what they offer.