Angis Mustangs

Angi Keitel Murray participated in the original 2007 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Freedom,
2008 Western States Mustang Challenge with Prosperity,
2009 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Azania.
2011 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Ima LunaMiss,
and the 2012 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Sonador

Angi trains the many beautiful rescued mustangs at Lifesavers Wild Horse Rescue in Lancaster, CA.
and Mustangs as well as other breeds for private clients in Palmdale, CA

Thursday, November 20, 2008

How Angi died

So what part of me thought it was a great idea to go out on trail when it was already dusk and Freedom has only been between my house and Laurie's house twice? It must have been the same part of me that said it was okay to spend only 5 minutes warm up before going out with Lizz and Beth, or the part that said night rides were fun :)
We head out (Yes, I do have my helmet on!) and it gets dark quickly. Lizz is riding in front and Beth behind which was not the best idea for Freedom. Somewhere on the way back Lizz does a little loping ahead and Beth's horse kicks dirt up at Free's heels. Freedom lost his head and went Bronc time! Oh my goodness did my adrenaline go up fast. He went strait up and blew forward FAST and then bucked harder then he has ever bucked. After the moment of thinking that I might come off or that this is bad I had the sense to regain balance and pull his head around. Freedom calmed down right away and then we proceeded home. What a photo that would be except for you would only see darkness and blur and my huge eyes.........

No comments: