Angis Mustangs

Angi Keitel Murray participated in the original 2007 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Freedom,
2008 Western States Mustang Challenge with Prosperity,
2009 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Azania.
2011 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Ima LunaMiss,
and the 2012 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Sonador

Angi trains the many beautiful rescued mustangs at Lifesavers Wild Horse Rescue in Lancaster, CA.
and Mustangs as well as other breeds for private clients in Palmdale, CA

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Here we go again!

I could blame Jena for being the first to mention this competition, but then when Jamie agreed to come that made it all way more exciting. Of course me and my lack of time, and here it is closer then a month and I still need to teach Freedom to pick up a tarp and drag a log. I promise to take some photos again and I am going to keep up with the blog. After all, December is coming up really quickly and soon we will be at the Lynn Palms "Women Love Horses" and doing a crazy competition. I have been riding, though sometimes in the dark with a small light that helps me see somewhat where I am going. Beth spends a lot of time sitting outside watching me ride and me asking her how it looks. Is he collected Beth? Is he stopping nicely? He is not doing so well with sidepassing to the left but I am certain that it is partially my fault because I like the other direction better :)
I also have to say that Free got his feet trimmed by a real farrier (instead of his mom just taking some toe off) and he did good! For all those people who have not yet met him, Jaime Osbrink has got to be the best farrier I have ever met! We use him at Lifesavers and not only is he great at balancing and correcting horse's hooves, he also understands horses. FINALLY! Someone who is a farrier and actually is good with horses also! I was impressed with how relaxed Free was with Jaime doing his feet when he tends to be opinionated and believe that most people are scary. Freedom is starting to learn that other people are okay also one person at a time :) Thanks Jaime for taking time with Free.
I will get some photos of Freedom riding and post more soon.

No comments: