Angis Mustangs

Angi Keitel Murray participated in the original 2007 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Freedom,
2008 Western States Mustang Challenge with Prosperity,
2009 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Azania.
2011 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Ima LunaMiss,
and the 2012 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Sonador

Angi trains the many beautiful rescued mustangs at Lifesavers Wild Horse Rescue in Lancaster, CA.
and Mustangs as well as other breeds for private clients in Palmdale, CA

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Friday September 14th

Finally a huge breakthrough with Free! I start the day like usual, playing on the ground and then riding. He gets irritated when I ask him to go faster so he bucks. I take his head to my leg and use my foot on that side to bump his stomach with. This irritates him so he decides that it is much easier to lope without bucking. We go through this a few times and then he decides he would rather lope nicely. There is a lot less hesitation on his part this time and we start doing more figures eights and stops. I am impressed with what a nice whoa he has, but then this IS his favorite word :) He does much better today overall and I am noticing that our connection has grown a lot stronger since our crazy road trip!

1 comment:

kerrie said...

Way to go Angi! You passed another milestone! You and Freedom are going to knock 'em dead in Texas! We're all rooting for you here in WA state! Wish I could be there to cheer you on! Woo Hoo!!!