Angis Mustangs

Angi Keitel Murray participated in the original 2007 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Freedom,
2008 Western States Mustang Challenge with Prosperity,
2009 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Azania.
2011 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Ima LunaMiss,
and the 2012 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Sonador

Angi trains the many beautiful rescued mustangs at Lifesavers Wild Horse Rescue in Lancaster, CA.
and Mustangs as well as other breeds for private clients in Palmdale, CA

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Wednesday August 1st

I work with Free on him getting used to me chasing other horses with me leading him. It scares him at first but he settles in quickly. I saddle him easily then get on. He is not bothered. I work on his trot. It is harder for him to take his trot cue from me. I use the rope to tap him to motivate and he trots. It makes him a little unsure so we do it in small doses. He is getting nice on his back up and I have made a decision to not put him in a bridle. I ride him in the halter with rope tied as reins. I also ask Free to stand on top of a barrel while I am on him and he does it easily. I can not get him to follow another horse with a rider so I ride alone. Free is strong and sure of himself. He does not follow others :) He is learning to follow me......

No comments: