Angis Mustangs

Angi Keitel Murray participated in the original 2007 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Freedom,
2008 Western States Mustang Challenge with Prosperity,
2009 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Azania.
2011 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Ima LunaMiss,
and the 2012 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Sonador

Angi trains the many beautiful rescued mustangs at Lifesavers Wild Horse Rescue in Lancaster, CA.
and Mustangs as well as other breeds for private clients in Palmdale, CA

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Saturday July 28th

It is early and I am NOT a morning person but I am going to load Freedom early for the clinic. He is more sure about this trailer loading thing and it takes him only a five minutes to decide to get in. He is still very good about the squishing between dividers. We load the other horses and go. This will be Free's second clinic. When we get there and in the arena, he seems more settled. The other horses and people concern him but he is getting used to it quickly. We work on basics and I work a lot on him lowering his head when I ask for it. That is hard for him. His circles have improved much and he is doing better at his ground driving. I let other people I trust play with him so that he gets used to being with others. He is strong and he tests others. He plays dominance games and has such a cool play drive. When the others eat lunch I play with him at liberty and he pushes the huge ball at me. He plays with the bridge and tarp. I have him carry the tarp around and he could care less. At the end of the clinic I rush off with the idea that this might be the weekend of Freedom's first ride.

1 comment:

JPWesquire said...

On the morning of June 8th, when we all got up at 5:30am, sharp, to pick-up Freedom, you were good to go. On that day, no one would have ever known that you were not a morning person. I guess there is an exception for horses!