Angis Mustangs

Angi Keitel Murray participated in the original 2007 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Freedom,
2008 Western States Mustang Challenge with Prosperity,
2009 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Azania.
2011 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Ima LunaMiss,
and the 2012 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Sonador

Angi trains the many beautiful rescued mustangs at Lifesavers Wild Horse Rescue in Lancaster, CA.
and Mustangs as well as other breeds for private clients in Palmdale, CA

Friday, June 15, 2007

June 14th

Today Freedom is quieter and more relaxed. He seems to know that the white towel with fly spray is a good thing. I am able to rub him down both sides and use a pole to touch him everywhere. He is a little ticklish under his belly. His backs legs made him unsure but he did not once offer to kick out. It is amazing how smart this horse is and how willing. Mustangs have such heart to them. I start rubbing my hands down his front legs and on his back. His back is like a huge couch!!! The perfect back for riding bareback on! I take the halter and start rubbing it on him. I want him to accept having the halter rubbed all over his body so that it means absolutely nothing to him. I don't want to rush him in this important part of his learning. His trust in me that I won't force him, only work on building his confidence in me, is what keeps him curious. I allow him to work through his fear before working on something more. He is such an incredible horse!

No comments: