Angis Mustangs

Angi Keitel Murray participated in the original 2007 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Freedom,
2008 Western States Mustang Challenge with Prosperity,
2009 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Azania.
2011 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Ima LunaMiss,
and the 2012 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Sonador

Angi trains the many beautiful rescued mustangs at Lifesavers Wild Horse Rescue in Lancaster, CA.
and Mustangs as well as other breeds for private clients in Palmdale, CA

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ari learns some new things

Ari has never left me in doubt that he is a mustang and just in case I forget for a split second he will try some naughty thing to remind me. We shared such a nice day the last session and I think he should carry it into his next session. Think Again! It isn't like he doesn't remember everything, it is just that he thinks he should test my leadership skills. We start with the pedestal, which he puts both front feet on and rather quickly is doing this consistent. We move on to the trailer. He puts fronts in and then I back him out. He puts three feet in and then I back him out. We go all the way in and out and I really reward him with grain (his favorite) and rubbing his face. He walks easily over the hill of dirt, between some logs, and part way onto a tarp. Then I put him on the tie wall so he can stand while I work other horses. This is the easy part for him. He stands quiet for and hour and then I figure I should put him back in the trailer once more before dinner time. Ari thinks otherwise. We walk towards it and he says "Ummm, No, I don't think so" and rears several times then proceeds to drag me around a little. All this while a little devilish look in his eye. I work him in circles and on ground driving forward. It looks something like this: Up, Up, Backwards slowly dragging me with him then bolting forward fast with tail swishing. OHHHHHH stop. Pause to reconsider naughtiness then up and then back and then bolt again. We work about ten minutes until he is being less up and more forward. THEN we walk to the trailer and he goes in with a sour look on his face. Lots of rubs and a huge release. My horse is naughty!

No comments: