Angis Mustangs

Angi Keitel Murray participated in the original 2007 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Freedom,
2008 Western States Mustang Challenge with Prosperity,
2009 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Azania.
2011 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Ima LunaMiss,
and the 2012 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Sonador

Angi trains the many beautiful rescued mustangs at Lifesavers Wild Horse Rescue in Lancaster, CA.
and Mustangs as well as other breeds for private clients in Palmdale, CA

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

day nine (or how Azania discovered he was a wild horse)

On day eight Azania relaxed and got familiar with his new surroundings. I am sure he was wondering what the heck this place was, full of horses, dogs, motorcyles, and occassionally kids playing. Day nine I lead him to the roundpen. That is a large feat in itself because he has to walk through a small gate, past a haystack covered with a tarp and down a long driveway filled with cars, dogs, and other odd things. Then he arrives into the roundpen (walking past a motorhome and through a orchard of trees) which has a flag flying overhead and next door neighbors that have motorcycles. He stays relatively calm and I turn him loose to adjust. Then we start playing. Online is not going well, he keeps spinning in circles and wrapping himself up so I turn him loose. I think my horse has gone nuts! He is sure acting like a three year old, running from side to side and unable to focus at all. After several hours of just trying to get some sort of circle around the round pen, we have a dripping wet horse and a slightly annoyed trainer. He has accomplished lots of things but none of which look like a circle. He has reared up several times because he would really rather be close to me and how dare I ask him to stay out on the rail, spun in circles making it look like he actually might have some sort of atheletic ability and came rushing at me for comfort. We get some small trys so I lead him to his stall and hope that I don't go crazy training this left brain extrovert.

No comments: