Angis Mustangs

Angi Keitel Murray participated in the original 2007 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Freedom,
2008 Western States Mustang Challenge with Prosperity,
2009 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Azania.
2011 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Ima LunaMiss,
and the 2012 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Sonador

Angi trains the many beautiful rescued mustangs at Lifesavers Wild Horse Rescue in Lancaster, CA.
and Mustangs as well as other breeds for private clients in Palmdale, CA

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Ft Worth Thursday/Friday

I am still recovering and I know that Free is also. When Jeremy picked up Freedom to go to Texas I was not sure if that would be the last time him and I were home together. I was incredibly sad. I spent that day packing and moping around. When we arrived in Texas and met up with the horses the next day to unload I was so glad to see that big bay horse! I wasn't sure if we would be going home together, but I am going to make the most of this time that we have together. This place is insane and there are people, dogs and children running all over the place. It makes my heart stop a few times but Free handles this all very well. I am worried that a horse might panic and run over the top of someone but somehow this does not happen. The horses are kept in small stalls like 8x10 and Freedom barely fits. I try to keep him out alot so that he doesn't get sore from standing and get bored. I spend Thursday in the round pen building both of our confidence in this new place and spent the evening with Ashley and her horse staying up all night working on our horses. I was so excited to meet this cool girl and her little, strong-willed horse. We egged each other on to lope all over the arena with our rather nervous horses. Friday morning we ride around plus all kinds of meetings for trainers. We are judged on our body conditioning and I am rushing to make it. Free is still wet from his bath :( but we get the fifth highest score. We stay up really late again on friday night, playing with the ball, riding at liberty, and riding into the trailer. I can not ride into the trailer.. I have to grab the top and slide off his rump because Free is so tall. Ashley does ride into the trailer. We laughed and had a good time trying not to think about the hard course we faced the next day.

No comments: