Angis Mustangs

Angi Keitel Murray participated in the original 2007 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Freedom,
2008 Western States Mustang Challenge with Prosperity,
2009 Extreme Mustang Makeover with Azania.
2011 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Ima LunaMiss,
and the 2012 Supreme Extreme Mustang Makeover with Sonador

Angi trains the many beautiful rescued mustangs at Lifesavers Wild Horse Rescue in Lancaster, CA.
and Mustangs as well as other breeds for private clients in Palmdale, CA

Friday, August 31, 2007

Freedom and his great escape

My smart ideas always cause some commotion!!! I set Free lose in the front yard. He is gentled now and he never wants to jump anything but today he jumps the 5 feet fence!!! He is having a blast playing with me in the empty desert beside my house. He runs to me, he runs away, tail strait up like an Arab horse. I pull out the bribe. My wild horse is loose but he is not ready to be caught. Beth rides out to draw him back and he races the other horse, flying past her in play. Finally he just trots up to me and says okay. I am ready to kill him but I have to laugh! I saddle him up and we lead him through the desert to my landlords house. He needs some more room but with a fence to ride in. Beth and I ride in the large pen and he trots around content. Then I ride him home with only one mishap. I get half way off when I see motorcycles and Free sees Kathy with Pistol and spooks sideways. This again gives him some freedom before I walk up to him and get back on. He seems uncertain but not scared. I was so happy that he had his first trail ride!!!!

3 comments:

JPWesquire said...

Sounds like a good time to me!!!

Joan

Kathy M said...

Joan I wish you had been there!

Angi wanted to let him run and play in a bigger space... but it was a new area for him to be loose in. When he headed for the fence and then went over... we all looked at each other like "Oh Sh*T!" We had no one saddled up yet, so all ran in different directions!

He had a GRAND time, showing off to the other horses. Once we saw all the fun he was having teasing us, you couldn't help but laugh at him!

Unknown said...

yeah, he was quite funny :)-